We went to Shelburne Farms for their opening day.
Andrew met (by chance) one of his friends from preschool.Â They were happy to see each other.
What did we do after Easter in April?
We made Shaving Cream paintings….
The rock musical boxes were fun.Â Sounds + Rocks = great fun.
Andrew also enjoyed piggy back rides & the ball mazes too.
We also did some yard work.
Here’s Dad & Andyman taking a ride with some Peat Moss for our new raised bed gardens.
And we’ll leave you with some eating of toes. Yum.
Today we went for an Easter Egg Hunt.Â Our town’s Recreation department holds one at one of the parks.Â We waited for about 15 minutes in the gazebo before it started.Â There were a lot of kids there!Â But it was well organized; Ages 0-4 hunted in the playground; 4-7 hunted in the big grassy field.Â If you were older than 7 you weren’t supposed to be there.
Andrew, Rob, myself, Grammy, and Grampy were there (my parents).Â Andrew got the hang of picking up eggs and putting them in the basket very quickly.Â Soon his basket (which was as big as he is) was 1/2 full.
After a busy hunt, we went for a ride on the swingset, and played in the jungle gym.Â And even got to sit in the fire truck.Â That was noisy, but a lot of fun.Â Andrew really enjoyed being outside (more than us adults) even though it was in the 40′s and drizzling.Â Here are photos of our day…
Waiting to start…
Hunting the Eggs:
Playing after the Hunt:
Big Fire Trucks:
Oh yes, I’ve been busy.
- Finished Andrew’s 1 year scrapbook.Â It was really 2 albums, but his first year is all done.
- Bought a sewing machine.Â And using it.
- Made 6 NICU quilts & 3 isolettes for a surprise for a friend of mine (along with others in my group of friends).Â Her son was in the NICU for 6 weeks, and we surprised her with donations quilts to her local NICU.
- Made a few quilts for friends & family
- Got very addicted to making fabric postcards.Â They are a lot of fun to make, send, and mail to others!!
Here are some photos…
Valentine’s Day postcard
Puzzle Appreciation Day postcard
Some state postcards I made for a friend’s daughter’s school project.
We had a very short, but fun Christmas season.
Andrew met Santa, and did a great job not freaking out at the Santa-man.Â Â We went to a bunch of holiday parties, and he had fun unwrapping gifts at Christmas-time.Â Between Christmas & New Year’s, we went out in the sled and went to the local Children’s Museum.
Sledding (w/a fever even!)
Unwrapping Christmas Presents
Over the next month, I’ll try to get everyone caught up on what we did since October.Â But it might be slow-going.
Until then, here’s a recap.
- Andrew had a great first birthday party.
- Thanksgiving he fell asleep at the table.
- He’s loved playing in the snow
- Christmas was good but he wasn’t into the wrapping paper.
- He’s now running around the house moving furniture at random.
- And he is starting to learn his words (cow, cat, dog, duck, no, eat…)
- Oh yeah; Rob had lasik, and I’m back to work fulltime.Â We’re doing great.Â
Here is a video of Andrew playing with pots and pans.Â If you look closely, around 0:42 you’ll see him do a chinup on the cabinet door.
We have done a lot this October already.
Andrew’s enjoyed the fall weather.Â He’s hung out around the house, we’ve gone pumpkin picking, and we got him a swingset.Â Here are some photos of what we’ve been up to.Â There are also videos up on youtube if you’re curious.
By the way — only 23 days until he’s a year old.Â Time has flown by.Â Last year at this time I was huge.
Here are some photos…
Outside in our yard…
Our new swingset…
Man this tree is tall!!